Here they are...
1. We admitted belief without evidence was powerless - that our faith had become untenable.
2. Came to realize that rational inquiry could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to return our will and our lives to ourselves instead of an imagined higher power.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of the ancient texts with which we were indoctrinated.
5. Admitted to others and ourselves the exact nature of wrongs we had committed in the name of theism.
6. Were entirely ready to remove the mythical defects from our character.
7. Boldly strive to become aware and repair your own shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons to which we had fed misinformation, and become willing to apologize and admit we were wrong.
9. Make direct amends to such people wherever possible, even if it may hurt their feelings.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through research and discussion to improve our intellect and understanding of the real world, working to improve the society we all share.
12. Having had a rational awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to theists, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Next week I'll elaborate on step one.
23 August 2008
The Twelve Steps of Theists Anonymous
Posted by Lee Vegas at 12:45 PM
Labels: atheism, leaving religion, twelve steps to atheism
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Excellent work. I can't wait to see your expansion on the next 11 steps.
I like this.
Welcome to the infidel's blogging world.
A bit of advice: The black screencolour is not very nice. Choose a colour that is slightly brighter. Experiment around with the colours.
Thanks buffy and beast! Visitors are exciting and comments even more so! Advice noted and acted upon, beast.
Post a Comment